Ryder Rental ELD: Getting Started
Profile Registration & Activation (Fleet Admin Only)
All Ryder customers with Rental profiles are preconfigured with a Ryder ELD (electronic logging device) account. By default, the administrator for the account is the individual assigned to the “ELD Contact (ELDC)” in their company’s Ryder profile. In order to activate and access their profile, an ELDC must take the following steps
- Visit https://ryderintegration.geotab.com/registration/
- Enter your (ELDC) email address associated with your company’s Ryder customer profile
- An email will be sent to you allowing you to set your password and access your ELD account on https://my.geotab.com. Please allow up to 24 hours to receive this email.
If you have difficulty accessing your account:
Once you have access to your credentials, follow the steps below in order to log in:
- On a computer web browser, visit the MyGeotab web portal at https://my.geotab.com
- Enter your email address and password, then click Log in.
Note: If you have more than one Geotab account, you’ll be required to enter your database name when logging into your Ryder Rental account by selecting the “+” sign below the password field and entering your database name. Customers already operating Geotab in their non-rental fleet will be able to view and manage Ryder Rental vehicles in their own non-Rental Geotab account. More instructions on activating this feature will be available in the near future.
Your database name can be found in any of the following locations:
- In your initial password reset email
- In the upper right corner of the your MyGeotab screen on login
- By contacting your Ryder sales representative
Setup Company Information
The first thing you'll need to do is make sure your company information is filled out correctly:
- In the MyGeotab web portal, click Administration > System > System Settings.
- Make sure the following fields are complete:
✓ Company name
✓ Company address (required for HOS)
✓ Maximum personal conveyance distance (optional for HOS)
✓ Any other information if applicable
- Click Save.
Add Drivers & Additional Support Staff
Drivers will need a username and password to log in to the Geotab Drive App (found in the Apple App Store or Google Play). Additionally, before drivers can use the Drive App to manage their hours of service (HOS) they must have their accounts created and configured to meet compliance regulations. In order to add drivers and non-driving staff, you’ll need to create profiles for each individual with usernames and passwords for each person:
- Select Administration > Users from the main menu to view all user accounts. If a driver does not already have an account, click the Add button to create a new user. Otherwise, select the driver’s account from the list.
- In both cases, you will see the User Edit page. Verify that the account has the following information on the User tab:
✓ User name
✓ First and last name
✓ An appropriate security clearance level
Security Clearance Levels
- Set the Data access to the groups appropriate for the user. Users will not be able to see vehicles or HOS logs outside of their data access. • For your convenience, groups have been configured in line with your Ryder local account structure. • We recommend that you assign drivers and support staff only to the group(s) (designated by local Ryder account number) that are associated with the primary Rental location(s) that they rent and/or sub vehicles from.
If the user is a driver, take the following steps to configure their account for use of the Drive App and, as needed, in order to configure their HOS profile.
- While still in the User Edit page of the driver, go to the Driver tab
- Set This user is a driver to Yes
- Set Prevent driver access to shared data to Yes
- On the UI Settings tab, ensure that the following is correctly set up:
✓ Distance measurement system
✓ Fuel economy measurement
✓ Time zone
Note: The time on the mobile device must be set to change automatically.
- On the HOS Settings tab, configure the following information:
✓ Ruleset followed by driver (See the Geotab HOS Rulesets Matrix & Guide for more information on selecting rulesets)
✓ The exemptions relevant to the driver (e.g. Yard Move, Personal Conveyance)
✓ Home terminal
✓ Home terminal address
✓ Carrier number
✓ Authority name (Required if company operates with more than one DOT#)
✓ Authority address (Required if company operates with more than one DOT#)
Important: The HOS settings above are critical to being compliant. Please make sure that this information is filled out correctly.
Add Rental Vehicle
In order to add a vehicle to your company’s Ryder ELD account, one of your drivers must take the following steps upon initial login:
Geotab Drive App (Driver Vehicle Addition)
- Enter username and password and select Log In. Note: The app will prompt the driver to select the vehicle number, but they won’t be able to if it hasn’t yet been added to a group
- Press the No Vehicle button to continue into the app without an active vehicle
- Select the Ryder ELD Service Add-In from the Dashboard. Select Enable to set up for Hours of Service
- If Enable is selected, turn on your vehicle. View the vehicle’s current odometer reading and type the value into the Enter Odometer box. Select Submit
- A vehicle name will appear on the screen, select Okay to confirm the vehicle name
- If you see a different vehicle name than the one you are operating, select It’s not my vehicle. Ensure that you have entered the correct odometer value, if you are still seeing the incorrect vehicle, contact your administrator for assistance.
Remove Rental Vehicle
When your fleet has completed using the Ryder rental vehicle and has returned it, your company must remove the vehicle from your Ryder account using the one of the following methods:
Geotab Drive App (Driver Vehicle Removal)
- Login into the Geotab Drive app, if not already logged in.
- On the Dashboard, select the Ryder ELD Service button screen.
- To discontinue the Ryder ELD Service, select the Disable button. Confirm this action, by selecting Stop within the popup.
MyGeotab Web Portal (Admin Vehicle Removal)
- While logged in to your account on https://my.geotab.com, navigate to the main menu, select Vehicles.
- In the search box, enter the name of the vehicle that is being returned.
- Once on the Vehicle's page, press More Details on the top of the page.
- Now, select Unplug Device. Confirm this action by selecting Unplug Device on the next popup. Note: Devices should only be removed using the above methods. Removing devices using any other method may delete historical data from your fleet’s account.
Guide drivers to download/install the Geotab Drive App (found in the Apple App Store or Google Play) and configure their app/device as shown under Driver >> Android and iOS Setup section of the Admin Drive App Manual
Note: Drivers must enter their database name on first app login by selecting the “+” sign below the password field.
Driver Training (Download guide):
Review videos for Hours of Service Overview
Review the Ryder ELD Driver Quick Start Guide
* Optional - Have the drivers take the Quiz
Mandatory (ELD HOS):
The device must be mounted in the cab. For your convenience, Ryder Rental units will be equipped with dash-fixed mount that are capable of holding devices phones and mid-sized tablets with widths ranging from 2.6″ to 5.25″, including the case.
Admins should verify that drivers have a back-up paper log book in case of an ELD device malfunction.